Skip to main content

Traci's 2020 Nitty Gritty

Major Accountability Post:

As I continue on my health journey, I’m slowly giving up on the “weight loss” mentality and the social standards and pressures that come with it.

I have lost almost 60lbs since I gave birth on May 12th and that’s impressive! I’m so proud of my ability to focus and do something I’ve wanted for a long time! But I’m disappointed in some of the choices I’ve made along the way. Fat free, sugar free, and low calorie foods that are highly processed were fall backs. Diet or zero sodas were a treat but still had more often than not.

My goal has been and always will be to be a healthier me. While I know that many of us have different versions of what’s healthy, my version has altered a lot lately. My personal healthy is less processed foods and more real foods. Not strictly Whole30 or Paleo or Keto or any diet plan. Just plain old real food. Less junk. Less added sugar. More homemade foods. My focus is 80% on plan, 20% flexibility. This has been a term used by several people I follow. Personal trainers, nutritionists, bloggers, a lot of people. 80/20 means that I’m not going to burn myself out (which I’ve done before) and I won’t feel like I’m missing out if I have a glass of wine and cake at book club.

I would eventually like to do Whole30 but I have to first find a 30 to 40 days that I can fully commit to it. It’s not something I think I can do while my husband is gone. We have plans to try it out after he gets home. But until then, I’m going to slowly move out all the processed foods, implementing more Whole Foods, and start making more from scratch.

My current body goals are to lower my body fat percentage and increase lean muscle. But at the very least, I want to just feel good about myself, inside and out.

My fitness needs have changed and I have to listen to my body. While on vacation, I wasn’t working out and my sciatica started misbehaving, like really bad. Even yesterday, after spending most of the day meal prepping and cleaning in the kitchen, my sciatica flared really bad.

Because of this, I’m going to do PiYo again. A lot of the moves and positions they use in PiYo are recommended to help relieve sciatica pain so I just feel like this is a no brainer. Plus I have done it before (like last month) and know what I’m getting myself into.

This is all being implemented to improve my mental and physical health.

So today is the last day of meal prep and planning plus doing my before measurements and photos.

Tomorrow is day one! Day one of my PiYo Strength. Day one of more Whole Foods. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February is here!

Hey everyone!     It’s been two-ish weeks since my last post. Here is what’s happening with me. I quit working out. I’ve been stressed and while working out is a great stress relief, it was what had to be cut because I was getting angry when the kids would disrupt or prevent me from being able to do it. Emotional stress has been running rampant and so it’s triggered some of my binge eating habits to come back but I’m working on those still. Binge eating carrots is still binge eating lol! While they’re far less calories than say M&Ms or chips, it’s still enabling the habits I’m trying to break. My weight has fluctuated a lot. I got down to 171.6lbs at one point but went up to almost 174lbs again during this time.  I am happy to report that this morning I weighed in at 171.0lbs and am working to drop the last 6lbs by the end of February and then I am going to focus on just changing our lifestyle. We’re going to slowly do more Paleo style eating and I am going to try to focus on maint

Measurements & Before

Before I even begin the program again, I wanna post my before photos and measurements so I have them. These were all taken the morning of January 12th.  Weight: 175.2 lbs Neck: 14” Chest: 40” Waist: 35” Hips: 40.5” Bicep: 11.5” Thigh: 23” Calf: 14” Some personal goals of mine would be to reduce the midsection and fupa, but I know those will forever be a “problem” area since I’ve had 5 children. Honestly, being able to wear pants without any muffin top would be phenomenal! I would love to tone my arms, chest, shoulders, butt and thighs. Speaking of butt, where did mine go?! Why is it when you lose weight, you lose it in the places you don’t wanna lose?! 😂😂 So my butt needs some muscle so it comes back at least a little bit.  Today is day one of PiYo Strength! Wish me luck!